History and Status:
The Amiga port is basically the same as the NetBSD/amiga port
but with some additions. The major changes are:
- New interrupt remapping system.
- Support for using ISA peripherals via a bridgecard.
- Supports GG2 Bus+
(aka GoldenGate II) and CrossLink bridgecards
(Neither of these support ISA DMA thus no PC floppy support)
- Tested ISA devices are
Others should port easily as long as DMA isn't necessary.
- com (Standard PC serial ports)
- lpt (Standard PC parallel ports)
- ast (AST 4-port serial card)
- wd (IDE harddisk)
- acd (IDE ATAPI CD, both data & audio support)
- if_ed, although named if_isaed due to name clash
(dp8390 based ethernet cards, like 3c503, NE2000 & SMC Ultra).
- SunOS emulation can use shared libraries on the '040
- Understand BSD disklabels if Amiga RDB partitioning is not found.
- Ramdisk device for easy installs
Supported devices include:
- A4000/A1200 IDE controller.
- ISA bridges: If you use one of these bridges, and you have
success with a device not listed below, please inform us.
- The GoldenGate Bus+ (aka GG2).
- The CrossLink.
- ISA IDE & ATAPI with a supported ISA bridge.
- SCSI host adapters:
- 33c93 based boards: A2091, A3000 and GVP series II.
- 53c80 based boards: 12 Gauge, IVS, Emplant and Wordsync/Bytesync.
- 53c710 based boards: A4091, Magnum, Warp Engine, Zeus and DraCo.
- FAS216 based boards: FastLane Z3, Blizzard.
- Video controllers:
- ECS, AGA and A2024 built in on various amigas
- Retina Z2 and Retina Z3.
- Picasso II.
- GVP Spectrum.
- Cybervision 64.
- Ethernet controllers:
- Ariadne I & II.
- Via a supported ISA bridge:
- SMC/WD 8003/8013/8216
- 3COM 3c503.
- Arcnet controllers:
- Tape drives:
- CD-ROM drives:
- Serial ports:
- Amiga serial port.
- DraCo serial port.
- MultiFaceCard II and III.
- PC COM ports attached to a supported ISA bridge.
- Parallel ports:
- Amiga parallel port.
- PC LPT ports attached to a supported ISA bridge.
- Amiga floppy drives.
- Amiga mouse.
Projects (in no particular order):
- Make it possible to use the ADOS fs on vnds (virtual block devices)
- Optimize the remapping interrupt system.
- HP-UX emulation.
- NCR SVR3 Unix emulation.
- AMIX emulation.
- Writable ADOSFS.
- Test aic (Adaptec 1522), boca (Boca's multiport serial cards) and
perhaps even a Teles S0/16.3 ISDN card.
Snapshots are made available from time to time.
The maintainer of the amiga port is
$OpenBSD: amiga.html,v 1.30 2000/11/17 19:11:32 jufi Exp $